Make a one-time donation
Up to $1,000 per person/per election cycle
Subscribe to contribute monthly
Help educate and solve community issues that uphold “Maui Values”.
The Maui Pono Network is a grassroots organization dedicated to supporting the election of all 10 Ohana candidates. We are educating the community on crucial issues that emphasize the importance of having a majority of progressive candidates in office.
This is a critical election where Maui County government can transition from a plantation era of politics influenced by “big money” and offshore interests, to a governance that serves the People and Aina first, and is pono and transparent.
We launched on March 19th signing up 147 volunteers working on 21 tasks in 6 committees all dedicated towards the common good. Twenty-four candidates introduced themselves on stage at that meeting.
A Maui Pono Network Committee has conducted in depth interviews with 42 candidates. We researched their background, community involvement, and voting history. We are proud to support the strongest candidates who are dedicated to “Maui Values” and solutions to Maui County’s hot issues.
Here is a brief list of some Maui Pono Network’s accomplishments:
- 40,000 Ohana Candidate Color Postcards were designed and printed for the Primary that will be distributed to the public and displayed at stores.
- Workshops for Ohana Candidates and Canvassers on issues. On June 18 we held a 4.5 hour workshop led by Kelly King and Elle Cochran with 32 participants including novice candidates.
- Large Gatherings for Candidate exposure and support. At the Maui Earth Day Festival 22 progressive candidates spoke and many had booths. The event had 1,800 attendees. Our three monthly public Pono meetings average 80 attendees.
- Personal Growth Workshops for heart centered activists involved two trainings to date: an NVC training and a 2 day retreat with 60 participants.
- Education and Promotion of Solutions for Maui County’s needs is provided on our website. We are developing social media plans for blasts on these topics.
Given sufficient financial support, here is a brief list of what we are planning to accomplish:
- Targeted post card mailings for regional State candidates where the primary election decides who wins these state races.
- Social Media Blasts through paid boosts for county regional races for state offices and timed pieces on hot issues provided on our site.
- Meet and Greets for Ohana Candidates in a variety of neighborhoods advertised with direct mailing to key neighborhoods.
- Large Music Events for Ohana Candidates targeting thousands of attendees.
- Personal Coaching for Candidates on presentation skills, framing messages, web design, social media, and accounting.
- Pono Network TV Show on Akaku featuring one hour interviews of the Ohana Candidates.
- Orchestration of our Volunteers for canvassing and support including sign waving for individual candidates.
- Volunteer Development includes recruiting and personal growth workshops so participants integrate the organization’s values of Aloha and Pono.
- Editing Video Clips of candidates for posting on YouTube and social media.
- Presentations at senior center meetings and at different ethnic groups’ meetings on Maui issues and solutions.
The Maui Pono Network’s financial structure is determined by the Hawaii Campaign Spending Commission because of our direct involvement with candidates. As a Standard PAC (not a SuperPAC) we are limited to receiving no more than $1,000 donation per election cycle per person. For example for 2018 we can receive a total of $2,000, with $1,000 received before the primary and the second $1,000 after the Primary. Please consider becoming a Seed Donor by contributing $1,000 now before August 11 for primary election cycle and another $1,000 after August 11 for the general election cycle.
Send checks to the Maui Pono Network, PO Box 606, Makawao, HI 96768
Mahalo for your support
Director of Maui Pono Network