1. Progressive Liaison: The Maui Pono Network provides a staff to Interface between County Council Members on important issues, communicate among progressive organizations and inform the Maui County public on issues, testimonies and votes. Aja Eyre is Maui Pono Network’s representative.
2. A Communication Hub: Posts on web site of important issues using memes, videos and articles to inform the residents. Report card on important votes will be posted. A constant stream of truth is more powerful than big surges of propaganda. Check out MauiPonoNetwork.org go to news and blogs.
3. Build a Maui Progressive Network: Network Maui County organizations serving the people and the ‘Aina through building a directory of services and support available to residents. We will work more closely with the unions and support ethnic and church groups to work more collaboratively. Help create a voter file. Go to Directory tab at MauiPonoNetwork.org
4. Maui Candidate Development:
Provide support to candidates running for Maui County office. Our manual lays out candidate process, timing, and the Maui Pono Network support. We will serve as a communication platform for candidates to increase name recognition and recruit new prospects. Ohana Candidates will be selected in June 2022.Interested candidates contact info@MauiPonoNertwork.org.
5. Hawaii Progressives Support: Help set up Citizen’s Standard PACS in all Hawaiian counties. Work closely with the Kuleana Academy. Help write legislation addressing Super PACS and Standard PACS. Also, we will work with others to change the Democratic Party leadership in Hawaii. To participate contact info@MauiPonoNetwork.org